We’re headed to Minneapolis this week to attend the NCTE conference! We’ll be at the Wiley booth (#407) and we hope you’ll stop by to say hello and browse through our books. There are a lot of things we’re looking forward to at this conference:
Our friends at PCG Education will be giving presentations at our booth about the new Paths to College and Career English Language Arts Curriculum.
Stop by booth #407 to learn from experts Katanna Conley and Peter Seidman at any of their presentations on Friday (11/20) or Saturday (11/21):
- Friday, 2-2:15 pm: Building Robust Academic Language
- Friday, 4-4:15 pm: Advancing Authentic Research
- Saturday, 10-10:15 am: Increasing Writing Achievement
- Saturday, 12-12:15 pm: Developing Powerful Readers
- Saturday, 2-2:15 pm: Building Robust Academic Language
826 National founder Dave Eggers is speaking at the general session.
Don’t miss it! Saturday (11/21), 8-9:30 pm, Auditorium.
Author Donalyn Miller will be a chair or speaker at several sessions:
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Diversity): Our Responsibility to Create Authentic Connections for All Readers with Diverse Books: This session, chaired by Miller, features a panel of diverse authors as they discuss how they bring diversity into the books they write. Friday (11/20), 9:30-10:45 am, Auditorium 3.
- Reading and Writing for Life: Taking Students Beyond the Classroom: In this roundtable, Miller and other speakers discuss how to inspire students to read and write beyond the classroom. Friday (11/20), 12:30-1:45 pm, 200E.
- Igniting Instruction–Round 1: Each speaker has five minutes to share their 20 presentation slides, timed at 20 seconds per slide, about what sparks their passion. Miller’s presentation is on Freedom to Read: A Call for Choice and Ownership. Friday (11/20), 2:30-3:45 pm, L100FG
- Nerdy Book Club: Empowering Readers’ and Writers’ Voices and Finding Our Own: Miller is chairing this session on creating and fostering effective reading communities. Friday (11/20), 2:30-3:45 pm, 103.
- Responsible and Responsive Reading: Understanding How to Nurture Skill and Will: Miller and other speakers share their strategies for helping even reluctant readers learn critical reading skills and become passionate about reading. Saturday (11/20), 9:30-10:45 am, Auditorium 2.
See you in Minneapolis!